Invisalign® Usage Instructions
- Wear the Invisalign® aligners at all times, remove only for eating or drinking (except for water).
- Remove Invisalign® aligners for brushing and flossing
- After each meal, sweets or soft drinks, brush or rinse your mouth before placing the Invisalign® aligners in again.
- Wear the Invisalign® aligners for around 22 hours a day for optimal results.
- On special occasions like weekend parties or dinners you can remove them for few hours.
- Keep away from hot or boiling water, bleach and other extreme cleansers.
- Store the future Invisalign® aligners in a cool dry place.
- When removing the Invisalign® aligners do not wrap them in tissues, toilet paper or serviettes, just place them in the Invisalign® container provided.
- Keep Invisalign® aligners and/or container away from dogs or pets.
- Drink plenty of tap water.
- If an attachment comes off please call us to replace it within aweek.
Changing Invisalign® Aligners
- If a tray develops an opaque film that is difficult to remove with regular brushing, place it in white vinegar for 15 minutes then brush and rinse with cold water.
- Change your Invisalign® aligner every 2 weeks.
- Put the used Invisalign® aligner back on its bag, do not lose them as they may be required in the future.
- Clench into the Invisalign® aligners frequently (in particular during the first 2 days) to make sure there are no air gaps between the aligners and your teeth.
- Invisalign® aligners worn less than 21 hours a day, will need to be wear for 3 weeks instead, before replacing for the new sets.
- Invisalign® aligners should feel loose and comfortable before moving to the next set of aligners.
- If, at the end of the two week period, you have not worn the aligner full time, or if a space remains between a tooth and the aligner, do not switch to the next aligner – continue the same aligner for another week. If the aligner still does not fit well, please call the office for an appointment, and continue wearing the same aligner.
- If an Invisalign® cracks, just keep wearing it until they are due for change; unless they fully break, then move to the next set earlier, but wear them for 3 weeks.
- if you lose an aligner after 5 days, just move to the next set, but wear it for longer than recommended, or call us.
- In order to correct crowding, some filing of the tooth enamel may be necessary. This is painless, and does not affect the health of your teeth.
- Prior to receive a filling or restoration on any tooth while having your Invisalign® treatment please consult us.
Please call us if you have any questions (02) 9427 3366 or (02) 9418 6499
Back to our Invisalign® page.